Mar 27, 2010

What I love(d) about being pregnant/being a Mom.

On my message board the other day someone posted about all the trials of pregnancy. That served as a good reminder that I could wait awhile before attempting baby #2! :) But then some people also posted spin offs about what was great about pregnancy and having a new baby (these made me ache to be pregnant and have a new baby again!) Here are some of mine:

Best parts of pregnancy:
  • How (mostly) everyone is so nice to you!
  • Feeling the baby move!
  • Having such an intimate connection with the baby. You get to have a relationship with someone who isn't yet born...it's pretty awesome... I wonder if God sort of feels this way about us before we are born also?!
  • Eating Ice Cream. (Though I've resolved, repeatedly, to not do this as much next time!)
  • Being infinitely interesting. People (including strangers) always want to know about you, how you're doing, when you're due, what you're having... I think it's probably because they know how awesome what you're about to do is!
  • Getting to park in "expectant mother parking".
Best Parts of Mommyhood, so far:
  • feeling the weight of her little body rest against mine.
  • getting to experience all those "firsts!"
  • her smiling at me just because I'm me.
  • seeing her try to peek over the crib rail to see if I'm there.
  • breastfeeding, for me, has almost always been a very positive experience.
  • watching her learn and explore "simple" things has made me appreciate them more.
  • feeling pretty darn productive even if "all" i did that day was keep her safe & fed.
  • teaching & playing Peekaboo.
  • a sense of pride that is so inexplicable
  • understanding, a sliver, a tiny bit more, the love that God must have for us. :)
There are many many more, but that's all i got for now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment